As of 31 December 2022, manufacturers and chemical importers that market and sell chemical products into the European Union MUST provide Safety Data Sheets that conform to Annex II of the REACH Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006. We recently have been informed that ports in Belgium will not accept nor unload products without Safety Data Sheets that meet Annex II regulatory and language requirements. We expect that other EU member states will follow suit, resulting in significant supply chain issues for companies conducting business in the European Union.
Annex II revised the mandatory format and content for all EU GHS SDSs, including the mandatory inclusion of an emergency response telephone number in SDS Section 1.4. Additional EU GHS SDS mandatory disclosure requirements include:
- the inclusion of Unique Formula Identifier (UFI) for hazardous mixtures for industrial use,
- statement of nanoform specifications,
- information on endocrine disrupting properties,
- inclusion of properties from Annex VI of the CLP,
- disclosure limits change for category 1A sensitizers, other sensitizers, carcinogens (category 2) and reproductive toxins at lower concentrations,
- Section 9.2 disclosures on physical hazard classes and other safety characteristics,
- and more.
Contact SDSpro Regulatory Services today at GHS@SDSpro.com or (888)673-7776 for questions and guidance on re-authoring your company’s product Safety Data Sheets. Is this you? We can help.